As the holiday season approaches, things often get crazy and hectic. Many people lose sight of what the importance of the season is and everything they have to be thankful for. I took some time on my bus ride into work earlier this week, just to list some things like make me happy on a day-to-day basis. They’re little things, but thinking of them allows me to take a second and put everything into perspective.
Here are the little things that I’m loving in life right now:
- Getting my first cup of tea when I get to work in the morning
- Coming home and seeing my parents after a long day
- Completing a 4 mile run when I didn’t think I could
- Having a glass of wine with coworkers after a long work day
- Finally starting and being more than halfway through with How I Met Your Mother
- Getting a new idea for a blog post (and having friends text me saying how they love reading my blog!)
- Technology, because I can talk with my best friends and family almost everyday, even when I can’t see them for weeks.
- The holiday season– because who doesn’t love Christmas?!
I know this list may seem a little silly but going through it really put a smile on my face. I’m sure I missed a few things, but hey, that means there’s a lot to be happy about 🙂
What small things put a smile on your face?