Hello there, Happy Monday! Hope your day has gone well.
I’m here to share 3 pics of some of food highlights of my weekend. They’re not much, but boy were the good.
First we have the s’mores I made with my friends Friday night. I usually vary between using the grill, the stove, or the microwave to make them. On Friday, I put all of the s’mores open on a plate and in the microwave for 20 seconds. When I took them out, the marshmallows were BURSTING and the s’mores were amazing.
I may not have a boyfriend at the moment, but my friends do, and one of them cooked for us on Saturday. Pasta salad & a baked chicken dish– could I ask for more?! I can’t share how he made the dish though (he said it’s a secret).
Sunday I ran some errands, and while I was at Target I decided to pick up a yogurt. There were so many to choose from! I went with a Chobani yogurt that had Steele cut oats in it. It was a banana-maple flavor, and it was perfect.
Did you eat anything special this weekend?
Remember how on my bucket list I mentioned I wanted to have a wine night with my girlfriends? Well that happened sooner than I thought! Friday night, my friends came to sleepover and have a good ‘ol fashioned girls night. I picked up pizza after work and got some chips, salsa, and goodies to make s’mores.
We sat at my table and talked for HOURS. We see each other pretty often, but I guess we had a lot to talk about! We eventually transitioned over to the couches and air mattresses and continued talking until 2 in the morning! It was so nice to have a girls night with them 🙂
What do you plan for your girls nights?
As many of you might’ve read, I am very excited for the beginning of fall. On Tuesday, I made sure I wore something that reflects the change of season. I’ve been wanting to wear my chambray so I knew I had a starting point and I wanted to wear a skirt before it gets too cool. So I narrowed it down and decided to go with the maroon, navy, and white Ann Taylor loft skirt that I wore on my first day of work. I thought it would be smart to pair it with boots since it can be a little chilly in the morning. Boy was that a good idea, it was 56 degrees on my way into the city! I topped off the look by curling my hair and wearing my bigger pearl earrings.
What I’m wearing::
Old Navy Chambray shirt || Ann Taylor Loft skirt || Target boots (old, similar)
I’m so happy it’s the weekend! I’ve been fighting a cold, so I’m hoping to catch up on rest and be good as new to start the new week.
This is how I feel about today being the first official day of fall:
Don’t get me wrong, I love summer, but fall is full of so many fun opportunities. Since I’m back home now, I want to fully take advantage of anything and everything fall. I’ve put together a fall bucket list of things I want to do this season:
- Pumpkin Picking & Hayride || Last year my sorority sisters and I went pumpkin picking and on a hayride at a nearby orchard. It was so fun to pick pumpkins and make s’mores over a fire!
- Go to a football game || I know absolutely ZERO about football, but each year I try to learn more and more. I think it would be so fun to grab some friends and head to a game together!
- Apple picking & try some Apple cider || I think the last time I went apple picking was when I was in 2nd grade. We picked apples and even tried fresh apple cider. I was actually lined up right next to my elementary school crush and we were the first two to try the cider. Obviously it was a big deal.
- Wine night with my girlfriends || What’s better than a casual night of wine and gossip with your besties? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
- Celebrate Oktoberfest || With so many beer gardens in the city, I must take advantage. Another trip to the Standard Biergarten perhaps?
- Decorate a pumpkin || When I was little my family used to go pumpkin picking and spend the rest of the day decorating our pumpkins. My dad is super talented and his designs always came out amazing! I’m hoping some of his skills passed down to me!
- Homecoming || My school’s homecoming is in the end of October, and I cannot wait to go back to see everyone!
- Watch Halloween movies || Being that I’m a scaredy cat, I stick to the classics like Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. Who doesn’t love a movie night with popcorn and candy corn!?
- Go to a Halloween party || I didn’t really celebrate Halloween much when I was in college, so I’m hoping I can make up for that this year! Halloween in NYC?
- Light fall candles || I just bought a few candles from Yankee candle and I cannot wait to just snuggle up on my couch with a good book and enjoy the scents!
- Have a Friendsgiving || I went to a Fakesgiving/Friendsgiving party last year at school and it was so fun! Everyone brought a dish and it was a fun time to celebrate our friendships since Thanksgiving is always celebrated with our families.
I’m hoping to complete my list by Thanksgiving. Do you think I can do it?
Is there anything on your fall bucket list that I’ve missed? Let me know!
Friday night, my good friend Maddy and I had plans to meet after work. After lots of planning and throwing ideas around, we decided on going to the new Birchbox store in SoHo. Unfortunately, when we got there we realized it was Customer Appreciation day and they were giving away free goodies, so the line was all the way down the street! Needless to say, we were not willing to wait on a line wrapped around the store, so we went into some shops near by.
While walking into one store, we noticed a tapas place across the street called Boqueria. Maddy and I looked at each other and knew we had to try it! We went in and were seated at the chef’s counter, set up like a bar, with a full view of our food being cooked. We spoke with our waiter, and he helped us decide on what to order. I got a peach sangria and Maddy got a wine wine. We decided on 4 tapas: pan con tomato (Grilled bread rubbed with tomato, garlic and olive oil), Croquetas Cremosas (Creamy croquettes; three each of mushroom and Serrano ham), Coca de Calabacines (House made flatbread, caramelized onions, market zuchinni, cherry tomatoes, sheep’s milk cheese), and a meat and cheese plate (we chose aged Manchego & JamónSerrano). The food was AMAZING and the atmosphere of the restaurant was great. I will definitely be making my way back here in the future!
After dinner and drinks, we were looking for something sweet. Laduree was nearby, so we went in for macarons. The store is the cutest! I chose the Ghana Chocolate macaron which was a dark chocolate, and Maddy got Salted Caramel, which was caramel with a salted butter cream inside. There is seating just for eating your treat and also a restaurant in the back! Maddy and I made a promise we’d come back here for tea and macarons one day.
It was such a great catching up with a great friend and trying some new foods! Its funny how our original plans had changed, but we ended up having a great night!
If you’re reading this, congrats! You’ve made it to Friday. Isn’t it crazy how much we long for this day? This week has been a busy one for me. Monday and Tuesday I worked at a summit for my company. Monday was a lot of setup and Tuesday we helped with whatever was needed so that the event could run smoothly. It was really great to have the chance to listen to so many great speakers. One of my favorite parts of the day? Getting to get my picture taken in a GIF booth during the cocktail party after the event!
This weeks Fashion Friday is brought to you by yesterday’s outfit. Wednesday night I was really struggling with finding something to wear. I wanted to look nice for work but still have fun with it. I’ve had both of these pieces for a bit, and never thought of pairing them together. My top is from Forever 21 and the jeans are from American Eagle. I always kept the jeans more for the summer months, but I realized they could definitely transition into fall. To dress the outfit up a bit, I added my black heels! Simple but stylish 🙂
Any fun plans this weekend? I plan on meeting up after work today with one of my girlies from school and hopefully see some more of my friends this weekend! (And hopefully hit the gym at least once)
Here we are, another Friday. I’ve had a lot of time to prepare for this post as my outfit is from last Sunday! I helped at my high school’s freshman tea, where new freshman get to come to school to mingle with other girls, chat with some teachers, and just have another welcome to the school. I was so excited to have the opportunity to volunteer as an alum, as I remember my freshman tea so fondly. I was able to see some of my old teachers and faculty, and meet some older alumni. We all shared memories we have from our time at our high school. I can’t believe I started my freshman year 8 years ago! Time truly does fly.
Prior to this event, it had been so hot during the work week, that I didn’t have the chance to wear this new Ann Taylor Loft shirt that I picked up before I started working. I wore a pair of capris that I’ve had for about 2 years but don’t often wear. There a light Cotten material, but made to look like a fancier denim. I bought them at Target! I wore my nude heels, which I regretted later that night. Standing for a couple of hours definitely hurt my little toes!
I started my day by going to mass at the church where I was baptized. After the freshman tea, I hit the gym for some cardio and stretching, and followed it with a quick manicure. I did not inherit the talent of being able to paint my own nails nicely, so I try to get them done every once in awhile so they look good for work! After my day out, I came home to dinner with my family and some tv & reading relaxation. It was the perfect Sunday, in my opinion!
What’s your perfect Sunday? Let me know in the comment section below!